Video 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Video 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

1. Video Nelly 2011 DUB Edition Ford Mustang 5.0
  2. VIDEO Pony Car Wars! 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs Camaro SS and Challen
  3. Video 2011 Ford Mustang V-6 preview
  4. 2011 Ford Focus RS500 pictures
  5. 2011 Audi RS5 Coupe Pictures

25 Comments on "Video 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2011 BMW M3 Coupe"

1. mcheddadi on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 9:26 pm

I don’t know how comfortable I’d feel if this was a race with opponents. le mustang seems to body roll and dive a lot more. I would be scared to make a pass in it.

2. bedcap on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 9:44 pm

I love both of these cars, I didnt know who to cheer fore hahaha,
    When I first saw the title, I was like seriously…, but I was amazed

Great review

3. bedcap on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 10:38 pm

@ImHereToAnnoyYou You serious?
    The old GT500 was the exact same set up as the old Mustang but with more power, power is not what wins track races… the new Mustang has a suspension that puts the old one to shame, not to mention the brakes are fucking huge on the new ones, even compared to the GT500s old ones

4. Aratixwrx on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 10:41 pm

BMW M3= $58,400
    Ford mustang GT= $29,645

Put $30,000 into the mustang and kick the beamers ass.

5. ReverseWhiplash on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 11:01 pm

That was EXCELLENT, Motor Trend.

You guys are the BEST!!!

6. ImHereToAnnoyYou on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 11:17 pm

Weird, the Shelby GT500 is 5 seconds slower around the Top Gear track than this M3. So is the new Mustang 5 seconds quicker than the GT500 or is this test just a bullshit test? Maybe that’s as quick as ‘ol Randy can go.

7. stigger91 on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 11:26 pm

@AlumarsX right on. I really wish BMW’s M line was more centered on enthusiasts than it is now. I kind of wish they made the new M3 uncomfortable and un-stylish just so you’d only see real enthusiasts driving them :) Make every M3 like the GTS.

8. ReverseWhiplash on Mon, 23rd Aug 2010 11:29 pm

you are pathetic.

9. Vanakatherock on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 12:05 am

@lpmoora Typical troll. Can’t dog the Mustang for performance anymore. So now you come up with a bunch of bull crap about how the Mustang doesn’t look good and resembles cars that only you seem to see it resembles.

You are by far the only person I’ve ever seen compare the looks of the Mustang to a damned Civic. Get a freaking life you turd.

More people would prefer the Mustang over most of the stuff you have in your matchbox collection.

10. ssaier813 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 12:24 am

I’m shocked, and in a good way.

But, the M3 came out during the time of the older GT Stang, which it completely smoked.

Still, great job Ford! I can’t wait to see the Nurburgring time.

11. GTAIVarcadegamer on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 1:22 am

i would buy the Stang any day over an m3!

12. Pookie2419 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 2:12 am

@stigger91 yea i’ll agree on the suspension part. and after all these years, u’d think they’r get the drift and try something new! but as far as cheap thrills, i’d have to disagree. the thrills are definately priceless. but like u said, u get what u pay for. just like alot of people are against the bugatti veyron along with its price. im all for it baby! lol

13. scorpiojudo on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 2:45 am

@razorfett147 lol, i hear you on that bro, i mean it feels like you can never win even though you did……..

14. scorpiojudo on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 2:59 am

@JPCreativePro I’m a Ford guy and I have to agree with you, they both barely outshined each other when they were in their element. But all the hate that’s been placed on Ford’s ancient rear axle is now worthless. Apparently this axle although mosaic, seems to compete against the latest technology. I love BMW’s and have so much respect for them, but I’ll stick with My 5.0 and see those magnificent M///s on the track…

15. ronaldom1121 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 3:52 am

Ford is on fire! Oh what I’d give to go back in time and buy some of their stock when it was cheap….

16. vrod03100 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 3:59 am

Ya, That “prehistoric” suspension in the Mustang pulls better lateral G’s than the “sophisticated” M3, and was liked better than the M3′s by this driver. Get those shocks adjusted and youd be set. As for the M3 being the better car? I don’t know. I look at it and see a rich soccer mom car. If it wasn’t for motor trend and the exhaust note, i’d think it had a V-6 in it. With performance cars it’s all about fun to drive. Mustang wins.

17. cerebraldamage on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 4:49 am

@DanG323 sure Europeeeans can get 500hp from a five liter but will cost 100k+ to get into that kind of power with the lost on torque something the Europeans don’t seem to understand. By the way show me one 5.0 v8 that the makes 500hp for 50k bet you can’t because it doesn’t exists. so your argument if flawed.

18. NismoPWNS on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 5:21 am

wow, I didnt realize how good the mustang was until I saw this video. Good job Ford

19. lpmoora on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 5:35 am

Can’t believe this falls for an American car now. Ugly plastic hanging all over the rear like an Avalanche, pure import look from the rear with the curved Mitsubishi FTO/Civic look, and the highlight is a soft touch dashboard? This is remake story of a hall of fame like American car, with…slim headlights? Are they trying to make a Subaru, or an icon pony car? Whoever designed this “Mean” Mustang must have been inspired by the 80′s.

20. peetiewonder on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 6:12 am

If it’s this close with the regular gt, the boss mustang is going to eat up the m3.

21. DWINTERS14 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 6:23 am

@DanG323 Doesn’t mean much bro, i’d still the mustang over the M3 any day and with the extra 30K i save; modify it. So your oh so great m3 becomes a snail in the dust.

22. 06gtdriver on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 6:34 am

@DanG323 How many M3s are made annually? The Mustang GT is a MASS PRODUCED car. For $35K or so, it does EVERYTHING as well as a $65K M3. It lost by .09 seconds with MASS PRODUCED shocks and brake pads. Put M3 quality shocks & brake pads on the Mustang GT & let’s see what would happen. Hell yeah the M3 is a better built, engineered car, made with higher quality materials, it better be! You fail to mention that the bigger Ford V-8 makes much more usable torque than the M3, what we Americans love!

23. AlumarsX on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 6:43 am

BMW should stop adding power to the M3 and start saving weight.

24. tonyteb on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 6:51 am

they should have kept the svo going to east them m3

25. DanG323 on Tue, 24th Aug 2010 7:49 am

@DeepVoiceMan Gawd you make it sound like i just punched Jesus in the face, no need to get so worked up about it. And anyway this is the real world, forget ignorance, that Mustang will fall apart and be made out of the same materials i put my rubbish in, 412bhp from a whopping great 5.0 V8, and BMW can manage 414 from a 4.0, all American cars are the same, Europeans can get well over 500bhp from 5 litre engines.